Course Content | Your Hosts |Course Structure & Pricing
Start Your Own Business
Run by BMI Training in conjunction with the co-hosts of RTE's Entrepreneurship programme 'Higher Ground', Peter Young and Paul McCarthy, this innovative course serves to provide you with the practical tools necessary to get your business idea off the ground.
Training is provided in Planning, Budgeting, Sales and Marketing, law, taxation etc. The objective of the course is to cover the most practical elements of running your own business. Business Plans will also be submitted for feedback by the experienced Peter Young and Paul McCarthy.
'Higher Ground' is an exciting RTE series which follows the progress of budding entrepreneurs from all over Ireland. Mentored by Peter Young and Paul McCarthy, the series is designed to motivate entrepreneurs to take an inventive approach to a new business and help turn original ideas into reality. In this time of economic uncertainty many people are being forced to look at the resources they have around them and to come up with new ways of making money and building towards the future.
Your Hosts have experience in creating business plans, setting out action plans with strict deadlines, help prepare marketing and distribution plans, advise entrepreneurs on legal, accounting and taxation issues and help prepare people for key meetings when seeking funding or meeting potential customers. With the entrepreneurs novel ideas, Peter and Paul will do everything in their power to guide ventures towards success!
- Guest appearances by Peter Young / Paul McCarthy
- Business Planning
- Practical Case Studies
- Sales and Marketing in 2010 (includes an eBusiness perspective)
- Employment legislation and the legal environment
- Finance for Enterprise – Cashflow / Budgeting / Managing debtors and creditors / Funding Sources
- Taxation in Business
- Business Plan Development – Implementation, Evaluation and Review
- Entrepreneurship – a 3 hour seminar hosted by Peter Young / Paul McCarthy
Participants have the option to submit a project for FETAC Level 5 Certification on completion.
Successful participants of this course are awarded a FETAC Level 5 Certificate and are eligible to progress to further education opportunities at Business Management Institute or with other third level institutions. Full details are provided in the document titled ‘BMI Access Transfer & Progression’ which is available on enrolment or on request.
Course Structure and Pricing
• The course runs each Wednesday from the 5th of October, 2011.
• The course runs for 8 evenings from 6.15pm – 9.30pm
• Course places are limited and only reserved on payment of course fee.
• The course fee is €980.
Email email@example.com for further information or enrol online now.