Programme Objectives | Award | Entry Requirements | Syllabus | Assessment | Career Opportunities | Progression | Protection for Learners | Course Duration & Pricing
Diploma in Business Management
The FETAC Level 6 Diploma in Business Management (BMANX) is an ideal qualification for those interested in furthering their career in management or supervision roles. It will give you an overall understanding of the drivers and considerations in business today so that you can show your employers a deeper understanding thus progressing your career. An understanding of the topics covered will assist
you on a practical basis in your day to day work. A Diploma in Business
Management thus provides the successful participant with a sound basis on which to
build a rewarding career.
The objective of this programme is to gain a solid understanding of the major tasks
with which a career in business encounters. The IT, Business and marketing modules, coupled with a module on entrepreneurial studies are valuable for anyone wishing to progress their career in the business World.
On completion of all subjects students will be awarded a FETAC Level 6 Diploma in Management. For further information on a FETAC award click here and you will be directed to the FETAC website.
A minimum Intermediate level of English, Curriculum Vitae, FETAC Level 5 Certificate (or equivalent).
This course is delivered one evening a week during the academic year. The student timetable is available
on enrolment or on request. Course fees include registration fees, study manuals
& exam fees.
Fetac assessment entails a combination of assignments, skills demonstrations and exams. Please also note that independent learning outside of class time will be required to complete assigned work. Subjects studied are as follows. For more detailed syllabus information click on the appropriate subject;
First Semester: Tuesday 4th October - Wednesday 7th December 2011
Second Semester: Tuesday 10th January - Wednesday 14th March, 2012
Continuous assessment applies all year round and roughly represents 60% of the final grade. Assignments are to be completed during the year. There is an end of year assesment that represents the remaining 40% of the final grade.
The completion of this course provides an excellent opportunity
for the successful participant to secure a recognised Irish qualification that can
assist in a variety of roles in various sectors of employment. A qualification in
Business Management allows an individual access to a wide number of careers while allowing
the possibility for further specialisation in the future. This course has been designed to equip the potential entrepreneur with the tools to run their own business.
The Diploma in Management is awarded by FETAC and is a Level 6 Major Award recognised under the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ). The programme provides a pathway to students Level 7 Ordinary Degree programmes and/or directly into employment. For a diagram of how this is structured click here
FETAC graduates may also be eligible to apply to Third Level Colleges through the Higher Education Links Scheme. Please refer to the FETAC Higher Education Links Scheme document available here for further information click here
Protection for Learners:
BMI adheres to the Qualifications
(Education & Training) Act of 1999 which addresses Protection for Learners.
The Act seeks to ensure that learners have every opportunity to complete a programme
leading to an award. To fulfil the requirements of this act BMI
has in place a written agreement with two other providers who will allow Learners
to transfer over to their programmes should BMI cease to provide
the programme in question. Full details of this arrangement are supplied on enrolment
or on request.
This academic programme is supported by;
- the supply of academic textbooks
- the use of the Institutes' IT resources
- regular interaction with the Academic Director during the course
- regular feedback sessions in relation to the delivery of the course
- lecturer supervisions to ensure high quality of tuition delivery
Course Duration and
The above course is run part time one evening per week 6.30pm to 9.45pm commencing on the 5th of October, 2011. Alternatively for students that need additional support BMI have a full time study option on a Monday and Tuesday.
All modules are completed in the course. Assistance in securing a work experience is available for those who wish to avail of the BMI Work Placement Programme.
Course fees include registration fees, exam fees and course material
The tuition fee is €2,200
A revision course & mock examination are included in the tuition fee
Please email email@example.com for further information. All courses at BMI are run subject to demand.