BMI Top 10 Tips on Getting a Job
1. Identify Your Skills – What are you good at? What do you enjoy? Apply for jobs where you will do well. Set yourself up for success.
2. What are your Career Goals - Imagine yourself in 5 years time. Convey your intention to progress. Be realistic.
3. Put effort into your appearance – if you take your appearance seriously it communicates the attitude that you are taking the opportunity seriously.
4. Ensure your CV is complete and bring all relevant data with you.
5. Ensure you arrive on time – plan to be there 30 minutes before the interview and then go for a coffee to relax.
6. Show Enthusiasm – you need to show you intend to make a success of this job, if given the opportunity.
7. Turn off your phone.
8. The first five minutes of any interview are important – your handshake, eye contact, self-assurance.
9. Be honest. Employers want to work with honest friendly people. 10. Do your research – Know who you are meeting, what the company does, what the role will involve.